Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good Morning! I am getting a slow start today.  I got Kenna off to school and feel like that was a huge accomplishment.  I did try out a new recipe on Sunday. It was a Crock Pot recipe and super easy. I am not sure if I loved it. But it did have a good flavor.  I hope everyone is having a good week! 

CrockPot Bacon Wrapped Cornish Game Hens

--2 cornish game hens, thawed
--6 slices of bacon 
--1 tsp kosher salt
--1 tsp thyme
--1 tsp rosemary

The Directions.

I used a 6 quart crockpot; the little birds nestled in nicely.

In a small bowl, mix your dry spices. Rub the spice mixture all over the birds, inside and out. Lower the birds into the crockpot.  Take your strips of bacon, and wrap two one way and one the other on each bird. See if you can tuck an end inside of the cavity.

Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5. 





1 comment:

Deborah said...

Hi Becky!! Long time no see. I am so glad you had a great Thanksgiving, ours was pretty nutty, but that is a story for another day. I am actually not going to be able to make your candle party-see Lucie is also a consultant for the same candles and I was going to be having a party for her and inviting you...I guess I am too slow huh? whaaa!! Oh well I hope your party is a success and you get lots of free stuff. We need to get together. I will call you. I miss you my friend! Oh and I am going to try this recipe!!! Yummy yum yum!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

MERRY CHRISTMAS